You must have heard about a recent bug which causes iphone/ iOS devices to crash.
I tried this with my friend Akshay Sarode and we came up with a temporary solution for this issue.
Steps to reproduce:
If you send those ‘Evil’ characters to a friend via SMS. It will crash his app. so, if you send those evil characters in whatsapp, you will end up crashing his whatsApp. if you send those characters in SMS, his iMessage will crash.
Yes it’s that simple! However, some apps like Skype are prone to this vulnerability.
In Whatsapp, sender can use ‘Delete for Everyone’ feature to remove those ‘Evil’ characters. or sender can send another message, which will prevent the application from crashing..
We came up with this idea,
“If same sender sends another SMS with normal text like Hii, Hello etc, iphone will show new SMS in the list showing new SMS instead of old SMS with ‘Evil’ characters. then the victim can delete entire conversation without opening the SMS. It worked!”
Please, Share this article to iPhone users! there is no need to uninstall whatsapp or any other application to fix this issue!
Image credit- Wallscreenart.com
- Temporary Solution If You Received Message That Crashed Your iPhone - February 16, 2018
- This Vulnerability in phpMyAdmin Lets An Attacker Perform DROP TABLE With A Single Click! - December 29, 2017
- NO! That Windows Update Will Not Save You From WannaCry! - May 22, 2017
- [Incident Response]: How To Stay Protected From A Ransomware Attack like Wannacry? - May 14, 2017
- How to Identify a Phishing Email, Website and Where To Report? - March 5, 2017