You must have heard about a recent bug which causes iphone/ iOS devices to crash.
I tried this with my friend Akshay Sarode and we came up with a temporary solution for this issue.
Steps to reproduce:
If you send those ‘Evil’ characters to a friend via SMS. It will crash his app. so, if you send those evil characters in whatsapp, you will end up crashing his whatsApp. if you send those characters in SMS, his iMessage will crash.
Yes it’s that simple! However, some apps like Skype are prone to this vulnerability.
In Whatsapp, sender can use ‘Delete for Everyone’ feature to remove those ‘Evil’ characters. or sender can send another message, which will prevent the application from crashing..
We came up with this idea,
“If same sender sends another SMS with normal text like Hii, Hello etc, iphone will show new SMS in the list showing new SMS instead of old SMS with ‘Evil’ characters. then the victim can delete entire conversation without opening the SMS. It worked!”
Please, Share this article to iPhone users! there is no need to uninstall whatsapp or any other application to fix this issue!
Image credit- Wallscreenart.com
- Protect Your MongoDB – Story of “The Same Database” - May 21, 2019
- Crypto-Mining Marketplace NiceHash Fixed a Vulnerability Which Leaked Miners’ Information - January 27, 2019
- How to watch movies via flash drive in Sony Bravia? - July 8, 2018
- How to create a great proof of concept video? - July 8, 2018
- Temporary Solution If You Received Message That Crashed Your iPhone - February 16, 2018