In India, the copyright of computer software is protected under the Indian Copyright Act of 1957. Copyright protection for software with an individual author lasts for the duration of the author’s life and continues 60 years after the author’s death.
Software Piracy in India.
1. When you use Home License Software in Office, it’s Piracy.
2. If you copy a legal software meant for one Machine on another, it’s Piracy.
3. When you use 3 users license on 4rth Machine, its Piracy.
4. When you make duplicate CD or DVD of your own licensed software CD, it’s piracy.
5. When you download or upload licensed software from free websites providing pirated software, it’s piracy.
6. When you have single user license software and you use 3 different login id and 3 different persons use same software, it’s piracy.
Penalty: Police can raid your office or house and can arrest you without warrant.
Using pirated softwares, is a warm welcome to malwares and hackers. Use original software/games/apps and stay safe.
- How to Identify a Phishing Email, Website and Where To Report? - March 5, 2017
- Things To Know While Playing ‘Online Games’ - January 2, 2017
- This WhatsApp Hack Will Empower You To Take over ‘Any’ WhatsApp Group - November 13, 2016
- 9 Simple Steps To Recover Your Deleted Data - August 15, 2016
- What is A VPN and Why Do I Need One? [Infographic] - January 13, 2016